PLEASE NOTE REQUIRED EXPERIENCE BEFORE APPLYING TO THIS JOB! THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION, ONLY QUALIFIED PEOPLE SHOULD APPLY.
Our Construction Superintendent is responsible for overseeing all aspects of constructing public work projects valued at $8MM and above.
The Superintendent is expected to supervise all sub-contractors, schedules, safety, while maintaining cost control and complying with local building department and company policies and procedures.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
- Create and maintain a professional working relationship with the site project team, project design group, main office, other field personnel, subcontractors, vendors, OSHA, agency inspectors, and other government agencies necessary to successfully complete the project
- Comply with and process all project construction permits, maintaining validity and keeping them on file
- Take ownership of timely document control and processing to the owner, project design team, and subcontractors
- Work with owner's third party consultants, schedule owner third party inspections, review, distribute and follow-up of owner third party reports and write-ups
- Prepare, maintain, and provide updates related to project schedule in a timely manner
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Minimum of five years' experience in supervising all phases of construction of Public Work projects.
- Knowledge of construction procedures, building codes, estimating, budgeting, scheduling, and safety practices & compliance
- Contract negotiation skills
- Ability to manage personnel, deadlines and goals
- Recent working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and MS Project
- Experience with Prolog, time-management, and strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain company confidentiality